So much has happened since our last update. Mommy and Daddy's first nights away from their baby, Thanksgiving, Christmas, crawling, and first words! Mikayla has spent several nights away from Justin and me now, but only one night at a time. We went to Chicago the day after Thanksgiving and left Mikayla with Grandma and Grandpa Long. Of course I had to have a practice run before being 3 hours away from her. Mamaw and Papaw Durbin kept Mikayla one night before the "big trip" to see how I would do. I knew Mikayla would be fine, it was myself that I was worried about. Since then she has spent night away here and there just to give us a little extra rest. Next weekend Mikayla gets to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Robinson for the first time. Grandpa is on cloud nine! Mikayla may come home with her first woodworking project in hand!
Thanksgiving was great! Mikayla got to meet a lot of the extended family for the first time. She absolutely loved all the attention. Mikayla was much more interested in her first Christmas than I thought she'd be. She loved unwrapping all her gifts and plays with them all the time. We entered a picture from Christmas morning in the Regis and Kelly baby contest. I think she should win hands down, but I guess I am a little biased!
Mikayla has officially mastered crawling and is an ever moving target these days! She first started crawling on her 7 month "birthday". We'd been trying to get her to crawl to Mommy, Daddy, her toys, bottles, and anything else within reach. Of course she decided to take off to the dog toys the first time she crawled! Should have seen that coming. Now, she never stops! She's exploring everything. A couple of her favorite places to play... on the dog bed and in the dog toy basket! I guess Mikayla thinks everything's better with a little dog hair!
Well, Mikayla is now 8 months old! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. She just started saying her first word... mamamamama! I'm thrilled! Justin of course is jealous and thinks its' "sickening" how much of a mommy's girl she is. She gives mommy kisses... not daddy. She crawls out of daddy's arms to get to mommy. She eats baby food better for mommy than she does daddy. And now, she's saying mama! I keep telling Justin that his time will come.
I guess that about does it for now. Enjoy your weekend and cheer on the Colts!
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment